WHAT IS A CLINICAL TRIAL?
A clinical trial is a carefully designed and executed medical research study for people who volunteer to receive an experimental drug or medical device under controlled circumstances for a specific period of time. The purpose of a clinical trial is to find solutions for the prevention and treatment of various medical conditions. Some trials accept volunteers who exhibit symptoms of a disease that is being studied, while other trials accept healthy volunteers. Clinical trials are usually sponsored by leading international pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and executed by clinical research organisations like VX Pharma.
CLINICAL TRIAL PHASES
Evaluated in a small group of healthy people (20 to 80) to check safety, side effects and associated dosage of the new drug.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Free access to medication and treatments that may be available only through trial participation.
- Depending on the trial protocol, free physical examinations, blood tests, scans, surgery and disease management you may need but might not otherwise be able to afford.
- If required by the research study, you will get free access to specialist care.
Whether suffering from a chronic disorder or serious disease, you end up with better insight into your condition and how to treat it.
- Your involvement in one of our trials will not cost you anything as VX Pharma undertakes to cover all costs associated with trial visits, including refreshments and travel.
- You can expect appropriate remuneration when overnight inpatient stays are required.